Monday, March 4, 2013

Tabouli & Hummus Pitas

Have you ever tried tabouli?

I like to describe it as Mediterranean salsa.  This parsley packed salad is supper yummy and versatile.  You can serve it with tortilla chips as an appetizer, on a Greek salad, in a wrap, or my favorite...
In a pita with hummus.

Ingredients:
whole wheat pitas
tabouli (homemade or store bought)
hummus (homemade or store bought)

I've had these little pitas for lunch quite a bit lately.  They are fresh, filling and very fast.  Sometimes if I'm really in a hurry I don't even bother filling them I simply pile the hummus and tabouli on the pita like a mini pizza.  

I bought this tabouli at Costco {Hannah brand}.  While nothing beats homemade, it's a decent version.  If you're up for making your own, I like this recipe.  It uses quinoa, which is a great way to sneak in extra plant protein.  

When I buy hummus I like to get it at Costco because they sell it in large containers and we go through it so quickly.  I usually find the little whole wheat pitas at Trader Joes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment