Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spinach & Bean Pasta

I'm a big fan of tossed pasta.  It's become a go-to meal for nights when I don't have a lot of time--or ingredients.

I was at my best friend's house a few weeks ago and she tossed up this delightfully simple pasta dish.  I had never thought to put beans and noodles together, but I'm super glad she did.  I've made this several times now and my children {almost} don't complain about the spinach.


Ingredients:
whole wheat penne
fresh spinach
canned black beans
extra virgin olive oil
salt

Boil noodles till al dente, drain and return to pot.  Drizzle with olive oil and mix to prevent the noodles sticking together.  In a separate pan sauté spinach and beans then combine with noodles.  Add more olive oil if desired and salt to taste.    

No comments:

Post a Comment