Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Healthy Egg Salad

Do you have tons of leftover Easter eggs sitting around? I know I sure do! I'm pretty sure we'll be eating boiled eggs all. week. long.

My family loves egg salad, so I decided to try to make a version that's just a little healthier. It turned out pretty yummy!

 We had leftover pitas from the other night when we tried the Tabbouleh pitas that Alanna posted (which were SUPER yummy, by the way!), so that's what we used for our egg salad today.

Basically, all you have to do is take your favorite egg salad recipe and replace the mayonnaise with plain, whole Greek yogurt. I like to stay away from the reduced fat versions because I feel like they are more processed.

So, here's what I did... tweak it to your liking! :)

Healthy Egg Salad
4 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup plain, whole Greek Yogurt
1/4 tsp. onion powder (you could use real onion, but I'm lazy)
salt and pepper to taste

Remove the shells from the eggs and chop or mash into small pieces. Add other ingredients and mix well.

Oh, and if you were wondering, this also makes really yummy deviled eggs! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment